Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Shocking news!

Well, my plan for this blog is to post funny things that I find in life and odd things that I run into on a daily basis. However, in the past two days, my life has taken somewhat of a different turn which is keeping me from seeing as many "funny" things. I, along with so many other Americans have fallen victim to the sagging economy. I was told on Monday that my job as a Sales Rep had been eliminated. Wow! What a great way to start the Holiday season! Merry Christmas!

That being said, I refuse to let this get me down. This is a chance for me to show my faith in God and not worry about tomorrow. I have always heard this told to me and read it myself in the Bible. Now its time for me to prove my faith and let God take the reins. God knew a long time ago that this day was coming. This was not a surprise to him. The Bible says that takes care of even the sparrows, so why wouldn't he take care of me and my family. He will! I have to believe that. And I do!

The outpouring of well wishers has been tremendous these past two days. My family has a lot of people who love us and would do anything for us. What a comfort to know that. I know how my heart aches when I hear of someone who is in my position and how much I want to help. Now that I am the person in that position, I know that there are others who have the same heart.

My son, Nik, is taking this harder than anyone. He is so afraid that we might lose our house. But, I've assured him that we will be fine. This is great opporunity to teach him about my faith in God and show him how we are to surrender to Him daily. Life lessons are hard, but they are so effective and necessary.

I am working diligently for work today and am simply taking a break to put my thoughts in print. I don't expect anyone will ever find this post, but it will help me journal through this chapter in my life.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: