Thursday, January 08, 2009

If you're not serving, your missing out on so much!

If you are not plugged into a church and serving others, you are missing out on what makes Life great! First of all, I love people! I love to talk to them, listen to them, learn about them and help them when they need it. The Holy Spirit causes that action and reaction in everyone who has it living within them. Let me tell you what happens when you bless others (no matter what it looks like) - You are Blessed in return! Ain't that funny how that happens!
Since I've been out of work - my family and I have recieved letters, emails and phone calls offering to help. We've also recieved checks and money from anonymous people wanting to help make ends meet. CRAZY! Let me tell you about last night - After dinner, we were playing games with the kids and the phone rang. It was my pastor, Ross. He said that someone came by the church today and said that they wanted to pay for me to go back to school. (Just a little side note- I had been working on my Masters in Professional Counseling until I started the new job, but haven't returned becuase of the lay-off). Ross said that someone wants to anonymously pay for the upcoming term and to pick up the check the next day. I was overwhelmed with gratitude, joy, love and humility all at the same time. I got up this morning and immediately registered for school (as today is the deadline to register). Holy Cow God continues to bless me and my family. Lord knows we don't deserve it! To whomever is out there and sending me to school - Thank You!

2 comments:

Ron Miller said...

Hey Tim! Enjoyed reading your post today. How awesome that God provided a way for you to go back to school. I will look forward to reading the blog and keeping up with where you are. See you at 121CC brother.

Tim in Grapevine said...

Thanks Ron. You and Cindy are great blessings to me and my family.